I reckon that the talent of crafting must run in my Mum’s family. My aunt (who happens to also be my Godmother) has found a wonderful way to utilise all her scrap fabric as well as old tshirts/tops/sheets/towels…if it’s a piece of fabric, it will work! She loves making rag rugs. Yup, you heard right…RAG rugs. If you’re wondering what they are…here are a few that she’s done and given to us.
Although I was meant to be looking for types of home ventilation for our unit but I got side tracked! *lol* I ended up looking for rag rug tutorials. Here are some of the links which has inspired me to make my own *someday*. There are many ways of making this rug but most of them are braided with either 3 or 4 strips.
1. The braided rag rug – I love this site!
2. A braided rag rug bag! What an excellent idea, don’t you think?
3. Meant to be made into a coaster but I reckon you can still use this tute to make a rag rug too. I’m planning on using this tute for mine. – It’s going to be a challenge coz I hate ironing!!
4. Woven rag rugs
5. Also a rag rug but a crocheted one?
6. A braided rag rug but the braids are hand sewn together. These are the ones that my aunt used to make but she’s now improved herself and is now doing 4 strip braids instead of 3. I will have to get a few one-on-one lessons with her one of these days.
There are just so many links out there that I spent a fair bit of time picking the ones that I’d actually refer to. I hope you enjoy sewing them up and be sure to share a pix when you’re done! I’m not sure when I can start on mine but I reckon it would be later, than sooner!